How to Vote Absentee - By MAIL
All mail in ballots must be received by 7 p.m. on Election Day (June 9). If you desire to vote by mail, order your ballot now!
While we are hoping the SC government simplifies the process, right now it is a multi-step process to vote by mail.
1. Apply for VOTE BY MAIL application. APPLY (click) on line (you must have printer) or CALL the Oconee County Office at (864) 638-4196 to order application by phone.
- If applying on line, select Ballot (Democratic/Republican) and Election (June Primary). Follow directions, print out application, answer questions, SIGN & MAIL.
- If application is received via mail, fill it out, SIGN & MAIL.
2. Receive ballot from County Voting Office.
3. Fill out ballot and mail back to Voting Office.
NOTE: If you have problems locating your voter registration info on line, please call us at 877-301-7608 or email us [email protected]
May 8 @ 5:00 p.m. - Deadline to register to vote in person for Primaries (unless county board holds weekend hours).
May 10 @ 11:59 p.m. - Deadline to register to vote online or by fax or email for Primaries.
May 11 - Deadline to register to vote by mail for Primaries (must be postmarked by this date).
May 12 - In person absentee voting opens at County office.
June 5 @ 5:00 p.m. - Deadline to apply for absentee by mail ballot for Primaries. Warning: voters should apply at least one week prior to election day to allow adequate mail time. Applying late puts voters at risk of being unable to return ballots by the deadline of 7:00 p.m. on election day.
June 6 - Last Saturday prior to Primaries. County boards must hold absentee voting hours from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
June 8 @ 5:00 p.m. - Deadline to vote absentee in person for Primaries.
June 9 - Statewide Primaries. Polls open 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.